Getting to Bear Trap Ranch is a little tricky. Your GPS device will NOT help you get there. In fact, if you put the address in your GPS, it will take you the wrong way.
We recommend you review and print these directions, take your time and be patient. If you do get lost, start over or give property manager Keith Roy a call at (719)632-0740.
Travel time to Bear Trap Ranch is about 45 minutes from downtown Colorado Springs and one hour from the Colorado Springs airport.
PLEASE DRIVE WITH CAUTION. The uphill driver has the right-of-way. Permit more aggressive drivers to pass. Honk and keep to the right on blind turns. Shift into low gear on steep downhill grades to minimize braking. Enjoy.
Directions from Colorado Springs via I-25
- Heading south on I-25 take South Circle Drive (exit 138).
- Take a right onto Lake Avenue and head west toward the mountains.
- Follow Lake Avenue west until you reach the roundabout in front of the Broadmoor Hotel.
- Proceed slowly through the roundabout and head left onto Pourtales Road.
- Pourtales Road turns into Mirada Road and then into West Cheyenne Mountain Boulevard.
- You will come to the four-way intersection of West Cheyenne Mountain Boulevard, Penrose Boulevard, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Road and Old Stage Road.
- Continue straight through this intersection onto Old Stage Road.
- You will stay on Old Stage Road all the way to Bear Trap Ranch.
- You will wind your way through a residential area until a severe right-hand switchback where Old Stage Road becomes gravel.
- There is a gate near the beginning of Old Stage Road. You will need this lock combo in order to get in: 0401.
- Drive up Old Stage Road for seven miles (@35 minutes). Set your odometer.
- After driving approximately six miles, you will see a sign for the Broadmoor Stables on your left.
- You are almost here!
- Continue driving until you see the large “Bear Trap Ranch” sign on your left.
- Take a left underneath the Bear Trap Ranch sign and proceed a short distance to Bear Trap Ranch.
- Congratulations! You made it!