Catalyst 2018: Sacrifice
In Genesis, we find several stories about Abraham. We hear about the ups and downs he experienced in trying to follow God. We are given a glimpse into his passion to follow the Lord and some of the mistakes he made along the way.
Abraham wanted nothing more than to have a son. God made a promise that in time, he would, indeed, father a son. After a great deal of waiting God fulfilled that promise. Abraham had finally received the gift he’d waited his entire life for. A short time later, God asks for Abraham to do the unthinkable. Abraham takes his son Isaac to the top of a mountain and offers him up to the Lord in sacrifice. Abraham, through obedience and an unselfish love for God, follows. Because of his commitment to God and his willingness to give up the one thing he cares about most in life, God provides a sacrifice in place of Isaac.
Most of us can’t even imagine that type of calling from God. But what happens when God comes calling on your life? What are you willing to give up to fully commit yourself to him? We invite you to join us on a mountain and find out.
Catalyst, The Global Orphan Project’s annual men’s retreat, is a time of concentrated reflection on what it means to be a man of God. As part of the retreat, old and new friends share about the opportunities and challenges of manhood, encouraging each other on their respective journeys. The weekend also features the real-life stories of men who have been transformed by their relationship with Jesus Christ. Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, there is something for you on the mountainside.
For this year’s retreat, we return to Bear Trap Ranch, a beautiful 30-acre property just outside of Colorado Springs, CO. The retreat includes time for resting, hiking, mountain climbing, and, above all else, fellowship among friends.
So join us! This year’s retreat promises to offer a rewarding journey into the fight for manhood. Let us put aside the distractions of everyday life for a weekend to reflect upon the Lord’s heart for men.
Dates: September 13-16, 2018 (Check-in Thursday evening; wrap-up Sunday mid-morning)
Location: Bear Trap Ranch, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Price: $450 (tax-deductible*)
Participants: limited to 60
Here is what past participants have said about past GO Adventures retreats:
• “This was the best Christian retreat ever. Believe me, I’ve been on many.”
• “This retreat definitely challenged me, which is exactly what I signed up for! Thanks again for all of your work! I can say it was the best retreat I have ever been to.”
• “Every speaker hit the ball out of the park. What an incredible weekend. Mike Fox set the tone for the weekend with his amazing honesty.”
• “It was a great retreat. My relationship with my son is SO MUCH deeper than it was. My relationship with a good friend has just gone to the next level. My relationship with my wife is even better.”
• “It was a great trip. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Still processing what I learned and am still learning about myself.”
• “That was definitely the best men’s retreat I have been to. Clearly, it pushed me to ‘cave in’ fully, and not keep one foot in the boat and one on the land. I’m done with all that goes along with that.”
• “This was one of the most meaningful times in my life. Going deep, surrendering to the Lord, confessing my brokenness in a place of love and support, and leaving the weekend encouraged and hopeful.”
• “It was a very rich time and I feel fuller of God than I have felt for a long time.”
*A substantial portion of your Adventure cost is a tax deductible contribution to The Global Orphan Project.