Faithful, by faithRich Stigall
First, a few photo updates from Pothawira…
Jake with Jimmy, Bozwell, and Roderick
Children’s Homes 11 & 12 being built.
“Dani” recovering from malaria with a little love from his house mama [Read Dani’s story]
New twins, Matthew and Daniel, under the careful watch of their big sisters
When Peter Maseko’s cell phone rings in Malawi, the doctor/pastor that God has raised to lead Pothawira (Safe Haven) must be ready for a myriad of possibilities coming from the other end of the line. It might be:
- the foreman ready to show him the foundation on the new children’s home and needing to pay his crew.
- a nurse at Salima Hospital letting him know that Dani, one of Pothawira’s sons fighting malaria and HIV induced anemia, requires another pint of blood.
- Victor, Pothawira’s school principal, with the students’ scores on the national exam.
- Joel, the Baptist Secretary, advocating for a church member in need or providing an update on the building campaign.
- a young couple confirming their marital counseling session.
- a partner from the US looking for a status report.
- an elderly grandparent who can no longer care for their deceased daughter’s child…and on…and on.
Having time to even answer his phone while tending to dozens of patients per day at the clinic is challenging enough, not to mention having time to actually address the issues being raised.
I, once again, had the privilege of staying with the Masekos the last few days, as they graciously carved time from their ministry schedule to host Jake and me. Theirs is an inspiring example of what it looks like to do life loving God by loving their neighbor.
“Not perfect,” Peter will be the first to say, but they are faithful…and, at GO Project, we consider it a privilege to partner with them!
“We are doing this by faith in The Lord.” – Peter Maseko
To learn more about opportunities to invest in Pothawira, please e-mail [email protected]