Daily Faithfulness. Radical Transformation
We went to Lira today to visit our partners and the children in their care at The Father’s House. Located in a part of the country terrorized for years by LRA rebels, Lira is a difficult place, so it wasn’t a total surprise in 2010 when the ministry had a difficult beginning. I had not been there in close to three years. So much has changed…
- The grounds were bright and clean.
- The management committee was united and joyful.
- The children’s singing, dancing, smiles, and laughter filled the homes.
- The local church donated seven acres of farm land, which now boasts chest-high corn and field of mangoes and peanuts.
- The cow’s milk is added to the children’s porridge, while their goats roam and with the chicken house soon to be filled.
- A vo-tech school is just down the road…
Lira’s Father’s House abounds with loving family, expanding farms, and bright futures. What a radical transformation for good! How did it happen?
The daily faithfulness of Betty (the Administrator) providing steady support to the House mamas. Sam, the farm manager and children’s choir director, bringing his whole heart to the call. The leadership of the management committee championing the children to the church.
Great change doesn’t require rapid speed or loud fanfare. It is often found in the quiet, unseen places where people serve The Lord Jesus by loving and leading in the roles He has ordained. It’s a life-changing Truth that we saw lived out today so powerfully in Lira and it was beautiful!