A Good Day at GORich Stigall
Anytime we get to send money to our field partners caring for children, it’s a good day. Today was very good. This month’s GO Haiti wire included funding to cover:
- The daily “life care costs” of 1,007 children
- Teachers’ salaries at ten primary school schools (educating more than 2,000 children), including a school nurse at nine of them
- “Lunch money” so 350+ children at All-in-One can eat a peanut butter sandwich each school day
- 136 new bed mattresses for children at Desire, Big House, and Casa Major
- Medical doctor fees, lab tests, and related surgeries for three children in our partners’ care
- Gov’t registration fees to allow a partner to continue in good standing with IBESR while caring for children
- The completion of phase 2 of the Pathways Dorm; the facility providing education and opportunity to 62 young adults as they strive for independent, successful lives in their communities.
- Parts for the current generator at the chicken farm that our Pathways’ students will fix as part of their training
- Comprehensive elder care for widows and widowers living at Eben Ezer Leogane
- The conversion of an existing building to a boys’ home, providing a little more elbow room
- A spiritual retreat for house mamas in the south
- Training for Orphan Care Administrators across the country
- And more…
We’re grateful for the opportunity to be a pipe, connecting you who give so generously and care so much with our partner churches and leaders providing the care to children in need. We’re grateful to our Founders’ Circle who protect our 100% Commitment, so that every penny given to meet the needs of kids will go to meet the needs of kids. Most of all, we’re grateful to God for inviting us into His family and providing us all with the opportunity of helping care for our little brothers and sisters in Haiti and around the world.
Today, children in need of family had a very good day. Thank you! What a privilege to care for them with you!
Students at All In One eating their school snack