A Good Day at GO ProjectRich Stigall
Our financial controller, Debbie McMullin, likes to say that, “Any day we wire funds to the field is a good day at GO.” We had such a day this week, as $167,000 was sent to GO Haiti. The number isn’t nearly as important as what it represents. Here a few highlights:
- 1,050 children will continue to live in safe homes, sleep in their own beds, and not worry about their next meal or doctor’s visit.
- Nine principals at schools all over Haiti will be able to pay their teachers, on time and in full.
- 15 pastors and their wives will attend a retreat. Two days of reconnecting, renewal, and refreshment (more on this later).
- 564 chickens will be eaten (OK, so, Tuesday really wasn’t such a good day for them).
- One little girl who had emergency burn surgery no longer owes the hospital a dime (or even a goude).
If this was all the money did, it would have been well worth it….but it’s wasn’t. There is more.
You give. We send. The church works. God blesses. Children benefit. We’re grateful.