A Good Day at GO ProjectRich Stigall
Our financial controller, Debbie McMullin, likes to say that, “Any day we wire funds to the field is a good day at GO.” We had such a day this week, as $167,000 was sent to GO Haiti. The number isn’t nearly as important as what it represents. Here a few highlights:
- 1,050 children will continue to live in safe homes, sleep in their own beds, and not worry about their next meal or doctor’s visit.
- Nine principals at schools all over Haiti will be able to pay their teachers, on time and in full.
- 15 pastors and their wives will attend a retreat. Two days of reconnecting, renewal, and refreshment (more on this later).
- 564 chickens will be eaten (OK, so, Tuesday really wasn’t such a good day for them).
- One little girl who had emergency burn surgery no longer owes the hospital a dime (or even a goude).
You give. We send. The church works. God blesses. Children benefit. We’re grateful.